Monday, February 28, 2011

Creative Project #28 ~ last day of the creative challenge.

I am kinda sad that this creative challenge is over.  It has kept me so inspired throughout this month!  Although like I told you in a previous post I joined a new group called "Creative Everyday".  I wont be posting every single day about what I have made, instead weekly, but I still will be creating everyday!
Some days were a crunch to get something creative done, but it was well worth the effort to make the time to do it.
So today I made some more beads. I am hooked on making headpins.  Here are a few of the batch I made.  You will have to wait and see the rest when they are in a piece of jewelry.  I have lots of ideas for these little gems.
I got hooked on making these pins when Cassie Donlen, of the Glass Beadle, had a giveaway on her Facebook page for some headpins that she made.
I WON THE GIVEAWAY!!! WOOHOO!!!

Cassie is an amazing glass bead maker, and has a great video out if anyone is interested.
Cassie then asked on her Facebook page how others made their glass headpins.  She made hers on the end of the mandrel then attached the wire with epoxy.  I wrote in and told her I made mine on high temp wire, but then I wanted to try her method since the wire can be tricky if it isnt completely straight.
The last couple of days I have been making them on the mandrel and kind of like that way.
Here are the awesome headpins that Cassie made, and I won....
I got to pick out the four I preferred.
I cant wait to use them with one of her toggles I bought last year.
Have a great week!

3 comments:

Talin's Corner said...

Those beads are gorgeous. When they are on the wire, they look like hat pins.

somethingunique said...

Hey Kim are you going to b selling any of those oh so cute headpins?I start my lamp work lessons on wed. i hope i can learn to make these there awesome!!!

Unknown said...

Oh great Win with those headpins! I need to move over there and you can give me a good kick up the bum to do more things! lol
xx Hey look I am on your feeder side with my blog! (you said you couldnt see it, but I can)huggs

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails