Sunday, February 20, 2011

Creative Project #20 ~ silk scarfs

Today I dove into something that I have not touched in a while....silk painting!
It started because I am still going through the many boxes of *STUFF* that we dug out of the attic and I found some panels I had painted back in 2002! YIKES!
I have also painted hundred's of silk pillows, so many that I will only do them now on the rare occasion!
So when I found these panels I wanted to get out the silk painting supplies, and I wanted to paint a scarf.  I have been wearing a lot of different scarves this winter and have been thinking of lighter scarves I could wear for the spring.  Silk is perfect!
One problem was that most of my stretcher frames had gone to storage since renovations are starting upstairs tomorrow.....eeekkkk!
So I had to do what I could with what I had!
I am going to have to paint this scarf in sections on a smaller stretcher frame.
Right now this part is drying.
Of course, I was itching to *finish* something, so I took one of my lizard panels and cut the backing off of it.  It was a little too short for a regular scarf but could be used as a cowl.  I added a Jangles button to hold it closed, after I hemmed it, and taaaddaaaa!!
I think this will be the perfect accessory for spring!
See you tomorrow :)

3 comments:

Jan Maree said...

gorgeous creations as always!

Unknown said...

Wow for Real you are so very talented Missy! Those are really lovely Kimber kitty! xx

Vicky said...

Love the silk painting and those cushions!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails