Saturday, February 19, 2011

Creative Project #19 ~ flea market shopping creativity

I am exhausted!!!!!!
I spent the day at the Man-O-War Flea Market helping out at our Humane Society's booth, so there wasn't much time for creating today, but I got some good finds at the flea market!
Of course I found some new plates for my collection.
Most were a plain mint green, but still pretty.
You can see (most) of my existing collection in the background.
This floral one with the bee couldn't be left homeless.
A floral one with colors from the 70's.
I also got a bunch of different linens.  I'll show you my favorites.
This funky flamingo one will be perfect out by the pool!  Time for another pool party!
Some cutwork, embroidered napkins.
Some fun pillow cases that I think I may turn into napkins that will go perfectly with the flamingo table cloth.  I need to measure and see how many I will be able to get out of them.
And this set of 8 napkins which will be great for everyday use, since I am trying to cut down on my use of paper goods.
I did manage to squeeze in a teeny tiny bit of creative time.  One of my blogging friends, Bella Bead Jewelry, has a challenge on her blog for Art Journaling.  I have also been watching lots of youtube videos on this lately.
So this afternoon I got out the watercolors to do a small piece to describe my day.
Here is what I created.....
Watercolors really intimidate me.  I think I am terrible at them, and that bothers me.  So I am looking forward to incorporating them into my art journaling.
Hope you have all had a happy Saturday like me :)

1 comment:

Marjorie said...

LOVE the flamingos! I'm terrible, I would have to turn that into a summer skirt and wear it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails