Saturday, January 15, 2011

Sweet Potato Pie Smoothie

The breakfast of champions!!!  Most people I know love sweet potatoes (yams), in fact I don't think I have met anyone that does not like these little gems.  I am not a breakfast person at all.  A few years ago if I did a long run, then I might have been hungry when I got back, but that doesn't happen anymore.
So one day my friend Amy, from Lubbers Landing, told me about this smoothie that she makes sometimes and I tried it and now have been drinking these almost every morning ever since!
Amy has tried it with pumpkin as well and that is also yummy!  I started out making about 2 cups of this but now I drink 4 cups and that keeps me full until lunch time.
You will need a juicer and a blender for this recipe.
1 large sweet potato (yam)
2 apples ( i use red delicious)
1/2" - 1" piece of fresh ginger (depends on how much you like ginger)
3 carrots
1-2 frozen bananas
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
a large handful of fresh spinach (optional)

Juice the sweet potato, apples, ginger and carrots.  This should make about 1 1/2 cups of juice.  Add this juice to the blender with the frozen bananas, spinach and the pumpkin pie spice.  Blend until smooth.  ENJOY!!!


I suggest starting out drinking just 2 cups of this and work up to more.  The recipe above should make about that.  I add more sweet potato and more carrots to increase the size of mine.

I have been crazy busy getting ready for an art show in 2 weeks and finishing up the last of my orders.


I just finished this ring for a customer with a beautiful piece of amber sea glass.
In a few days I will start to post some pictures of items I am making for the art show.  Nothing is completely finished yet, but I am working hard!
Have a great weekend :)

1 comment:

Barbara Bechtel said...

ooooooh, I will have to try this. I borrowed my MIL's juicer because I wanted to juice fresh citrus last year and she didn't use hers. I have yet to return it!

How is it juicing a potato? I've heard that they don't juice well?

Ginger, apple, carrot and orange is my favorite combo so this should be an easy transition.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails