Friday, January 7, 2011

Off to a Good Start!

In just the first week of the year I have gotten some projects finished!!  One of my UFO's is finished, one is on its way but may take a while, and I wouldnt be a creative soul if I didnt start two new ones......which I have finished!!
This is a place mat I made out of one of those house blocks.
I am calling this one "bird and bug house".  I love the scarppy-ness of this!
I am acquiring quite a collection of place mats which go along with my mismatched collection of plates.  For those of you that do not know, I collect odd dinner plates.  It looks so cool when we have a big dinner party and everyone has a different plate.  I'll start working on some pictures of my plate collection and blog about that one day soon.
One of the new projects I started last Monday is a crocheted tissue box cover.  I have had this pattern saved in my favorites forever and finally got to it.
You can find the pattern for this here on the Royal Sisters blog.  Scroll down and you will find the button for the tutorial on the right side.
Everyone needs a pretty cover for those hideous tissue boxes!
I just adore crocheted flowers and found this pattern the other day and, of course, just had to try it out especially since I have a few unfinished scarfs that will need some type of embellishment.
I wish I could provide the link to this pattern, but I saved the PDF pattern to my hard drive and did not save the website to my favorites. 
Remember that blue and green granny square that I was crocheting into a pillow cover?  I got the granny square done for the front and started doing a panel for the back.  I decided to do a single crochet panel with stripes for the back and it is taking F.O.R.E.V.E.R.!!!
I will be pleased with it when it is finished, but it may have been quicker to make another granny square for the back.
So there is my update on my resolution to get some projects FINISHED!
Have a great weekend!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I envy you having a long arm quilting machine! I like your quilt! PS I sent you a messg on facebook)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails