Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Some New T'ings

I have been fiddling around with some new stuff these past few days.  Needed a break for my imagination.
First I had to do some potholders for the Potholder Pass in Flickr, and I had this idea in my head to do the free form letters on them.  This was the outcome, and now I wish I had a set for me!
"Live Love Laugh"
One of my, many, favorite sayings!
I have also been itching to try some new things at the torch.  So I took some time this morning to try out a frog:
I thought it was okay for my first attempt.  Here is his back:
And I had tried a hollow bead a few weeks ago, couldn't get it to work, but I am not one to let that discourage me, so I tried again:
It is not the perfect bead shape....BUT it is HOLLOW!!  I know some flame working pros are probably thinking "I can't believe she is posting these ugly beads", but since I either figure things out in my head or read a book, I am pretty proud of myself.
Also attempted a heart....this needs work:
Not sure what design that is on the front.....just a blob of color!
Thought I'd try a white on white color combo also, which should look cool with some bezeled sea glass pieces:
So, in a nutshell, that is what I did today.  Now they all need to sit in the kiln and be annealed......tomorrow maybe :)

1 comment:

Jeannie said...

Those are my favorite potholders and I can't believe you don't have any for you!
I love your frog! I know nothing about what your doing but it sure looks cool!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails