Thursday, May 27, 2010

Goodies Make Me Happy :)

I got goodies in the mail today!!!! YIPPIE!!!
Above is my order from ArtBeads that I need to make something with and blog about.  Incase you didn't notice my little button on the right of this post, I am a "Design Partner" of ArtBeads :)  So I will be blogging more about my creation soon.
The buttons, on the top right, are from a Facebook game I won with Interweave.  One of the editors was going to a flea market and asked what we would want from the flea market.  One thing I mentioned was buttons, my name was picked and she found me buttons!
On the bottom is my Bead Soup Party package from Janet. The quote on the card I totally agree with also..."Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be!"...so true!
 I LOVE everything inside........
Everything is from the awesome ceramic jewelry designer Gaea.  Go check out her website and blog.  She makes some really neat beads, pendants and spacers.  My mind is overflowing with ideas of what I will do with them.....thanks so much Janet!
Earlier this week I tried my hand at making headpins with a glass bead attached....and it worked!
Now I have another component, made by me, to incorporate into my jewelry pieces.
I also sent off a crocheted potholder for a potholder swap on Raverly.  The tag on the potholder says "trust your crazy ideas"  I think I have lived this my whole life, and certainly in this potholder swap.  I had never crocheted a potholder before and had never worked with cotton yarn, but joined the swap anyway! All I have ever crocheted are granny squares. 
I am pretty pleased with the result, and have already started more.

To be a functional potholder it had to be made from cotton yarn (acrylic would melt) and it had to be two sided.  So I basically had to make two potholders and join them together.
Here is the back......
Well, that's all for now....back into the studio to create....my head is overflowing with ideas!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so happy that you are happy with them! Gaeas work is just wonderful she is so Original! Sorry bout the box I had visions of you not being able to get into it lol!

Marjorie said...

I inherited some crocheted pot holders and now use them every day. Sadly, they are showing wear and it's time for me to figure out how to make replacements.

CaliQuilter said...

Love your potholders! Joining you in the modern swap so just stopped by to say hi! Joan

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails