Friday, May 7, 2010

Hectic Week with a Good Ending!

Had one of those weeks where I was working, working, working and still I am not close to finishing items for orders.  I hate when I have done so much work and don't have much to show for it.
I can show you these silk painted pillows that I finished last week for an order.
The silk panel is handpainted, and machine quilted.  Then the batik borders are added, and the piping and the zipper finishes it off.
At least I had a nice surprise to end a weary week........
It is my Urban Home Goods Swap package from my secret partner!!! eeeeekkkkk.....an apron, a tea towel with an embroidered owl, a bookmark, and frog shaped tea strainer, a sweet card and these precious felt hearts.
It is a secret until you get the package!  These great items came from Jennifer.  Her blog is here.  Go check it out, she does some neat fabric work and also does silversmithing.....we have quite a bit in common!
I will be saving that apron to wear at my next show.  I am too messy when i cook to wear that beauty for cooking!  I love aprons.  They give you extra pockets for little items you may need when working a show.
Above is a close-up of the tea towel, bookmark, felt hearts, notecard and the froggy tea strainer.
Great little surprise to end a hectic week! 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails