Friday, April 30, 2010

A Peek and A Ta-Daaaa!

I am still finishing off swaps goodies this week.  I am not sure how I got involved in so many at one time.  Actually I say that and today I have signed up for MORE!!!  Slight addiction (maybe).  I just love making goodies for people and receiving their goodies :)
Here is a sneak peek of one of my placemats for the Placemat Quilt Swap.
I can only show a peek because I know that calamitykim follows my blog!  She and I agreed to do a pair for each other so our husbands could have one to use as well!  She does some pretty cool work, so go check out her blog.
Also, back in January there was a benefit concert, raffle and auction here in Abaco to raise money for Royal Potcake Rescue to do a spay and neuter clinic.  I offered to donate a quilt to the raffle.  At the time I couldn't sew because of some stitches I had, but the winner was very patient and the organizer of the event is in Abaco now and (I think) the quilt has been delivered to her.  So now I feel okay posting it on my blog.  Since the fundraiser was for the potcakes this is the original idea I had:
Since my drawings are not to scale they don't turn out exactly alike, but close.
I stitched "potcake" on the side of one of the dogs, and then along the bottom I stitched "the most colorful dog", which they are in SO MANY ways!
Here is what became of the drawing.......

And as always, when I am doing my little photo shoots, my own potcake helpers must be there to supervise and check things out.  PLUS they think the pool deck was built just for them, so I am not allowed out there alone, and that is where I take most of my pictures.
That is Karma giving it a close inspection and thinking "that dog has crooked ears just like me!"
Trooper is being distracted because Trixi is trying to chew his leg off!....never a dull moment around here.....that's why I love them so much :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails