Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Last Weekend's Show and My Surprise Package

A few posts ago I told you I was busy getting ready for a show.  Abaco had its first Agri-Expo and it was a great success!!  That's me in my tent with my quilts hanging up.  I had little art quilts, jewelry and ceramics on the table, and had great upright stands for them but the wind was brutal and everything kept blowing down.  I did well, sold quite a bit of jewelry, ceramics and got an order for a quilt!
There were lots of vendors with organic produce, farmers brought their goats, pigs, sheep and chickens out, and there were many other arts and crafts tents.  There were also fantastic food vendors including a vendor that had vegan foods for sale......YUMMY!
So this week I have been trying to gather my self together again, work on orders, work on swap quilts, quilt a quilt for a fundraiser this weekend, and stay inspired.  I still feel like my imagination is overflowing and I am enjoying that, just wish I had more time to play with these ideas.
Yesterday I got a nice surprise in the mail.......my "Anything Goes Mini Quilt Swap"
Here is one of the quilts I received:
It is 8"x 8" square with embroidery stitches and button embellishments!!!  I LOVE it!!!  Looks like the water and bubbles.  It is hanging next to a flower that is painted on my studio wall and matches perfectly.
My sweet swap partner wasn't sure I would like that quilt.  Thought it may have been too pastel-y, after seeing my work, so she sent me another on!!!!!! Can you believe it?
This one is called "Here Comes Summer" and I am infatuated with this one as well!!!  I can't believe I was so lucky to receive TWO and from such a great quilter!!!  Her work is perfect and precise and I feel honored to be her partner.  I have been admiring her work for a while now, so I hope we get to be partners again!!!
Check out her blog and look at her awesome work.
I have quite a collection of swap quilts now, and am involved in 4 more right now, so that means I have 4 more on the way to me!!
This is the wall in my studio that I started to hang my collection.
Well, I need to get back to work and finish those swap projects!!!  Today I was making clay buttons to add to one of those projects, so I thought I'd do a post while I was waiting on those to dry.
I'll be back the end of the week to show you the large quilt I am quilting for the fundraiser.
Have a great week :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails