Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Donations :)



This week has been busy so far.....wrapping up work that I am donating to various fundraisers.
The "early bird" quilt above, "mermaid garden" and "bird watcher", below are going to an art show in Nassau (the big city of the Bahamas), called "Art for Haiti"
A group of artists have come together to have this show, and each artist is donating a portion of their sales to help Haiti after the devastating earthquakes.


"bird watcher"


"mermaid garden"

I also had to paint two buoys for Friends of the Environment's upcoming "Reef Ball" which takes place this coming Saturday.  Check out their website.....they do great things for our beautiful island of Abaco.
On Saturday night when a guest makes a donation they will be able to pick from a variety of buoys that have been painted, or decorated, by local artists.
A little "thank you" from Friends of the Environment!
The first one I did was with a mermaid that wrapped right around the buoy, and a saying on it "if fishes were wishes, all dreams would come true"
It's hard to see the whole buoy in pictures, unless I posted about 5 pictures!
I originally wanted to mosaic one of the buoys, but this was taking longer than I anticipated, so I will have to finish that later on and share it in another post.
These buoys wash up on the beaches here, in the Bahamas, so this is recycled art.
Plus I love to collect them, so my husband was very happy that two would finally be leaving!
Of course I had to do one with owls :)
Both sides have an owl on it....this is my favorite.
Then there was the fundraiser for "Pathfinders" which is a local scholarship charity here in Abaco.  
This is a mixed media, framed quilt.  The artwork started out as a traditional quilt, then i embellished it with paint, and framed it in a driftwood frame which is embellished with smaller driftwood pieces and sea glass.

And I said in a previous post that I would post a picture of my completed journal cover.  I finally got the binding on it, with a button for the closure.
I had alot of fun doing this and I am sure there will be more of these in my sewing future.
Will be sharing lots of new work with you over the next few weeks.
My imagination is in high gear and I am producing new goodies everyday.
Happy creating....until the next post!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails