Saturday, January 7, 2012

Woodland Necklace

Hello!
Hope you are all enjoying your weekend!
Remember my post, *Coming Soon*?
I was awaiting the arrival of a copper leaf clasp from Daisy Chain Designs in England. That tiny envelope took almost 2 months to get to me!
Now that the holidays are over and my house is empty again, I had a chance to make a piece using this beautiful clasp.
There were five jewelry designers that participated in the challenge, so be sure to check out their blog posts if you didn't already, right here.
While I was waiting the arrival of this package my lampworked owl was born, and I thought he would be perfect with this clasp.


This is the first time I have done a necklace completely out of copper wire and chain, and I really like it.


I have had this chain for quite some time and wasn't sure what I was going to do with it.  It works perfect with this necklace.  Heavy enough to add to the design, but not so heavy that it takes away from the oak leaf clasp or the beads.
Mr Owl has a birdie friend accompanying him also.


Hope you like my Woodland Necklace!
I think I am keeping this one for myself :)

5 comments:

Jan Maree said...

It is just gorgeous! Love it! So cute and yet not too cute!

PiratesandPearls said...

I would keep it for myself too!! It's a gorgeous piece!

Jo said...

That is so lovely! I'm so glad that the clasp arrived at last, and it looks great with your beautiful owl. I do love blues with copper. Thank you for taking part in my challenge!

D'Elle said...

LOVE it! Do you get your design inspiration from color, things you see in nature or what?

And do you use a jewelry design software,sketch yourdedign ideas on paper or just sit a group of beads out and play around with them until you find a design you like? Thanks!

January 14, 2012 4:42 PM

Carol Sloan said...

Oh my gosh, I love the little blue bird! Do you sell those separately? Your necklace is just wonderful! I would keep it also.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails