Saturday, June 26, 2010

A New Design Obsession......

Whenever I have a show ahead of me and orders coming out of my ears, my imagination is running wild with new ideas.  In my last post I showed you the pillow that I did for a Flickr swap I was in called {Pillow Talk}.  
"home sweet home"
I have had a collection of vintage fabrics and laces for quite some time now and could never figure out what to do with them.  After that pillow for the swap I am on a roll!
I incorporated the lace into this one.  I also have another one that is waiting to be quilted, in blues and greens which I will be keeping for myself!  I am calling this one "this old house".
I even did piping and a zipper on this one!!! SO PROUD of myself, under the instruction of my Mom who is a master sewer, although she wont admit it!  The below picture shows the piping and the zipper together....quite an accomplishment for me!  I always tell people I cant sew straight lines!
It probably is a strange color selection, but I pulled the vintage fabrics first for the house and then added the solids to compliment.   One of these house must have an owl in the yard at some point also!
I also have a wall hanging started with this same concept, and I have jewelry pieces in the works with a house theme.   It is a real sweat shop in this house right now and I love it!
Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

Amy Friend said...

It's great news to hear that you are overrun with orders! I hope you can find time for it all. The pillows look great. Way to go on the zipper and piping!

Jeannie said...

Totally love your pillow/pillows!!!
You did an awesome job on the zip and piping. As always I love your colors!!

Nancy said...

This Old House.. a perfect name for this pillow. The vintage lace looks wonderful in it. Colors are bright and happy. Nice work!

Kim said...

Love...:)

Kerri said...

what a perfect time to have so many ideas-
i love your use of fabrics together!!

Pretty Things said...

Love all the colors!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails