Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Home Sweet Home.

I have spent the last few days finishing some swap projects and trying to get ready for an art show in two weeks!  The first swap quilt I can only show you sneak peeks of since I am not sure if my partner reads my blog, and in this swap we know each other.
This was a swap for a BBQ/Picnic Mini Quilt.
If you are friends with me on facebook, then you saw this quilt yesterday.
Some of my favorite things are in this mini quilt!
Can you guess what they are?
This is being shipped from Florida tomorrow, so when my partner receives it I can post the picture of the entire quilt.
I also had a deadline for a pillow swap.  I am pretty sure my partner does not read my blog, but she doesn't know who her partner is anyway, so I can show you the entire pillow.
One of her preferences was blues and greens.  I had so much fun making this pillow and had a hard time actually *stopping*!  The fabrics that make up the house in the middle are vintage fabrics.
I embroidered "home sweet home" under the house and added two little blue birds.
I also quilted the grass at the bottom and wanted to add flowers, but wasn't sure how much of a flower fan my partner was so thought I should STOP!
If I ever get the time to make myself one (she says while daydreaming!) then i will add flowers to the bottom!
And YES.....blue and green AGAIN!!!  Just cant get away from it!
Well, back to working on orders and trying to get some stock for that art show!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You inspire me to Quilt again!
Id love to make a pitcher of lemonaide and some of that yummy that you showed 2 posts ago!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails