Friday, January 22, 2010

New Year......New Work





The first three weeks of 2010 have been crazy-busy!!! I started out the new year taking a plein air painting workshop from Walt Bartman of Yellow Barn Studio.
It was an amazing experience! I hadn't painted with oils since high school, so I learned (or re-learned) alot!  Here are the paintings that I did during that workshop.
Hopefully I can take what I learned in this workshop and apply it to my art quilts.  I plan on doing this workshop again in 2011 to continue to learn from a great teacher.

In my last post I showed a small piece of  a quilt I was working on that had been ordered for a Christmas gift.  When I first got the call about the quilt, the lady told me she wanted a pink, lavender, butterflies, very girly design.  This is what popped into my head and she loved it.
I am actually surprised at myself and how the actual quilt came out like the drawing.
This design has sparked a whole new set of ideas for quilts which I will be showing at the Art for the Parks Show, here in Marsh Harbour Abaco, the weekend of January 29th.

So here is the final quilt.  It measures about 3 feet by 4 feet and I hope that it is something that Sarah treasures for a long time.


So now its time to get to work and get some quilts and jewelry and "other stuff" finished for the Art for the Parks show.  Below are a few beads that I made with the torch yesterday.  Hopefully they will turn into a piece of artwork that someone can wear on their neck.
  
Back to work I go!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails