Thursday, February 2, 2012

Brave Heart Pendant ~ Pay it Forward


{Have you ever heard about a situation and it just breaks your heart and you feel like you HAVE TO do something about it?
A few months back I met a lady, Lovely Reckley, and she told me how she goes to four different schools in Abaco and feeds 85+ children that would have otherwise had no lunch. For some of these kids, this is the only meal of the day.
Lovely even takes food to some of them when school is out.
That really broke my heart. I mean, I know there are kids all over the world that are starving, but when I realized there were children right under my nose it killed me. I kept wondering what I could do. I thought about offering to help cook, but cooking for so many mouths really overwhelmed me. Then I realized what a COMMITMENT this awesome woman had made to these children.....EVERYDAY!!!
At Christmas, instead of giving gifts I gave a donation to her organization (and to our Humane Society) instead of buying things that people really didn't need.
But it kept tugging at my heart. So, I decided for the month of February I would post several heart themed items to my blog. They would be for sale, and I would give 25% of the cost of the item to Lovely, to help with her costs.
I may post an item everyday or I may post several items a week.....I am really not sure, but 25% will go to "Feed the Children" in Abaco, Bahamas.
I CANNOT imagine going without food, or only having one meal a day that I had to rely on someone else to bring to me, and these children shouldn't have to deal with this either, so please help!}

Good Morning!
My heart item for today is this Brave Heart Pendant.

It is made from copper, fine silver and one of my glass headpins.

The copper heart I cut out of sheet copper, stamped, filed and textured it.
The silver tear drop is made from PMC3, which when kiln fired turns into fine silver.

I finished it off with one of my glass headpins. Connecting them all together with fine silver wire.

This pendant is $48, the chain is sold separately.
If you are outside of the Bahamas, you will be able to purchase it from my Etsy store, HERE!
25% goes to help "Feed the Children in Abaco".
Thanks for stopping by!
Go out into the world with a brave heart today!

3 comments:

Patti Vanderbloemen said...

What a beautiful necklace and your intent behind it is heartwarming!

KristiBowmanDesign said...

A lovely idea Kimberly, I'm sharing it!!

Cindy said...

Gorgeous, Dawn and for such a worthy cause.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails