Monday, October 3, 2011

Experimenting......

Over the last few months I have been experimenting with some new materials, trying out new ideas, taking some online classes.
I am not doing any Fall shows like I normally do.  Instead I thought I would have an open house in December with lots of new items.
Here are some sneak peeks from classes I have taken and some new products I have tried out.
This heart charm was from an online class I took at Beaducation, in PMC. 


I had worked with PMC (Precious Metal Clay) before but hadn't really pushed myself to make anything like this.  It is 2 hearts joined with copper spacers and brass hex nuts, then riveted.


The class gave me a lot of confidence with the PMC and some great ideas for new pieces.
I put the piece in Liver of Sulphur to age it, and then was sorry I did since before that the metals were bright and there was a lot more contrast.
I am still happy with it!


I have also been playing around with some enameling.


Those are some of the first beads I made.  I am using Barbara Lewis' kit and book, "Painting with Fire"  and it has been very helpful.
Yesterday I got into a bit of an earring making spell.
Here are two pairs....I cant show you everything....need to save some for the open house!


I love the enamel earrings, below.  They remind me of the ocean.


I'll pop back in soon to show you some more experiments and some new things!
Have a great week!

8 comments:

somethingunique said...

Hi Kim, sorry it's been so long since i've been in touch..so much has been going on..all summer long i had a 3or4 day festival every weekend..then running Jack to physio 3 days a week..trying to make stuff when everything i make i made by me except most of the components its hard to keep up with the schedule... then several weeks ago i found out my estranged mom has cancer she has no one so i have been traveling back and forth 3 hrs to take her to medical appointments....i can't even remember if i sent you a note to thanks you for the lovely things you sent me..if i forgot i am sorry...idk you got anything from me? it seems something funny is going on with either my post office or customs because it seems many things i have sent out never reached there destination...i'm beginning to wonder if someone at my little post office has sticky fingers :P... it's nice t get back to see what everyone has been up to i missed blogging so much...i just ordered the torch enamal kit from Barbara too i hope i can teach myself i have the book coming too. well it's nice to talk to you please let me know if you got your package...i have a list of things to re-send out and i am going to a different post office to see if it make a difference!
Happy Monday ttfn Lana :)

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Awesome pieces!

Karen Williams said...

Looks like you've had a fun, if busy fall! Hope you've recovered completely from the hurricane!

Mina said...

Great job!

Sheila said...

I have tried PMC too and agree it's wonderful. I love your heart...and the riveting. I 'm following your blog now and look forward to seeing more of your work

My Art and My Soul said...

Great blog. I also took the heart class from Beaducation a few years ago and loved it. I have ordered the kit and book from Barbara Lewis but haven't had time to play with it yet. Keep up the good work.

Starwood Quilter said...

I enjoyed visiting your blog.
http://starwoodquilter.blogspot.com/2011/08/snowball-quilt-block.html

Jo said...

That is such a lovely pendant, and beautifully made.
Could you send me your email address for the Oak Leaf Challenge please? My address is info (at) daisychainjewellery.co.uk
Thanks!
Jo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails